Keeping Your Number
If you've joined RSPCA Mobile from another network and you'd like to keep your old number, just follow the simple steps below to switch your number. We look after the whole process which takes just three working days.
You will need:
You need to request a Port Authorisation Code (PAC) from your existing network provider allowing you to change from another network to RSPCA Mobile. Ensure that all of your contacts are saved on to your handset so that they can be copied to your new RSPCA Mobile SIM card.
Call these numbers to get your PAC from your existing network:
|Orange||Contract: 07973 100 150||PAYG: 07973 100 450|
|Vodafone||Contract: 08700 700191||PAYG: 08700 776655|
|O2||Contract: 0844 809 0202||PAYG: 0844 809 0222|
|3||0843 373 3333|
|Virgin||0845 6000 789|
Step by step process:
- Call your old network for your PAC.
- Call us on 0844 324 7177
- Tell us your PAC code and the network you're moving from and we'll do the rest:
- The porting process may take a few days to complete.
- Once your number has been 'ported' across we'll send you a message to let you know.
- If there are any problems, we will give you a call and keep you informed.
When transferring your number from your old network, any credit that was on your old account will be lost. Please use your calling credit on your existing account before you transfer your number over to RSPCA Mobile.