How to unlock your handset
We would love you to keep your existing phone to use with your new RSPCA Mobile SIM. If it is not locked to a network it will just work.
If you're happy with your existing mobile phone, it may have been locked to work only on another network. If it is locked to Orange it will just work.
For phone locked to other networks the good news is that OFCOM regulations mean you have the right to get it unlocked.
To do this:
- Check if the phone is 'locked':
- Insert your new RSPCA Mobile SIM in your phone
- If your screen shows 'Blocked', 'barred', 'incorrect SIM' or 'SP lock'
This means your mobile phone is currently locked to another network and will need unlocking before you can use your new RSPCA Mobile SIM.
- To do this, you will need to call your current network provider to unlock it for you. You may have to give notice and they may charge you for this. These charges may vary.
- As soon as your handset has been unlocked you will be able to use your RSPCA Mobile SIM.